Sunday, March 30, 2008

A restaurant rec...

My friend Peter and I went in search of a late breakfast (not brunch, ok?) this am. At first we thought about The Egg and I, on Market Street, but there seemed to be too long of a line. Then we decided upon Snooze, around the Ballpark neighborhood. The line for that went all the way around the block, and the hostess told us the wait would be at least 45 minutes to an hour. So we said "screw that."

Then we happened upon this place:

Mexico City Restaurant
2115 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205-2016
Phone: (303) 296-0563

Oh my gosh! So good! No line whatsoever, fast service (a bit too fast, perhaps, we got our food before we got our silverware), and cheap, cheap, cheap. Peter had a breakfast burrito, which was only about $4.50, and I had the huevos rancheros, which came to $6. The green chile was excellent -- not too spicy, a bit meaty, and not greasy at all.

So I recommend if you're in the area.

No comments: